Grapefruit Cold Brew Coffee
Grapefruit Cold Brew is the perfect way to ring in the summer months and with the days being over 90 degrees, this delectable, refreshing pomelo grapefruit drink will help you slide into summer effortlessly. With 2-shots of espresso, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, and a little honey, this is one drink you’ll come back to again and again!
Grapefruit Cold Brew Coffee Is A New Twist On A Summer Classic
We have a Pomelo grapefruit tree on our property and it’s always been this giant, looming tree that hovers in our backyard. For years, it bothered me how the pomelos would fall from the tree and scatter all over the ground. But then, my Nespresso pods came in the mail and I thought, it’s time to put those Pomelo grapefruits to good use! Have you ever heard of Pomelo cold brew? AKA Grapefruit cold brew?
Want even more coffee recipes? Check out readers' favorites like my classic Pumpkin Pie Cold Brew and my Italian Iced Coffee Shakerato, both of these coffee recipes scream summer! Sitting by the campfire tonight? You'll definitely want to try my Easy Toasted Smore's Coffee Recipe. Perfect for camping trips!
Cold Brew is all the rage these days, but adding freshly squeezed fruit juice to it is sort of new. Grapefruit juice and coffee go hand-in-hand because the acidity from the grapefruit juice pairs nicely with the coffee. Both flavors balance each other out quite well.
More Fabulous Drink Recipes
Pumpkin Iced Coffee
Irish Cream Latte| ST. Patrick's Day Classic
SPICED APPLE CIDER LATTE | THE GREATEST UPLIFTING COFFEE DRINK
Espresso is especially delicious to use for grapefruit cold brew, but if all you have is regular cold brew, that works too!
You can use store-bought grapefruit juice for this recipe, but I highly recommend using fresh-squeezed juice if you can. I get asked all the time on IG stories what juicer I use and this is the one I love! It’s easy to use, easy to clean and is a max extractor so you the get maximum amount of nutrients every time.
Pomelo grapefruit cold brew is super easy to make. All you need are 2-shots of espresso or cold brew iced coffee, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1-cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, and ice. If you don’t have cold brew, you could also use iced coffee. Do try and get espresso if you can though because having espresso shots will create that delicious cold brew foam layer that people love so much!
I love, love, love the combination of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and espresso. The other bonus to this delicious summer drink is that it’s actually healthy for you too!
Grapefruit is a natural detoxifier, and full of Vitamin C. This delicious pomelo grapefruit cold brew is chock-full of antioxidants and has a super refreshing taste.
This vibrant drink is low in sugar, has a nice caffeine boost, and is loaded with ice, making it the perfect combo for summer!
I added a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice to this drink and made it even more delicious!
The way to make this the perfect cold brew drink is to fill the glass with ice and add your freshly squeezed juice about a quarter high. Pull the espresso into a separate cup and then slowly pour the espresso over the grapefruit juice and ice. This creates a layer and foam effect, much like traditional cold brew.
I have loads of yummy cocktails and mocktails hitting the blog all summer long so stay tuned!
I’m pumped summer is here and I’m excited for all the trail running, cocktails out on the deck, BBQs, and dinners alfresco in the backyard.
What are you looking forward to this summer?
Grapefruit Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 Cup Ice
- 4 Pomelos or Grapefruit for juicing (Pomelos are part of the grapefruit family.)
- 2 Cups freshly squeezed Pomelo or Grapefruit juice after they have been juiced.
- 2 shots Double Espresso or 2-cups of strong iced coffee/cold brew
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Using a juicer, juice the Pomelos. Juicing 4-Pomelos should give you an equal amount of two cups.
- Divide the juice equally into two glasses and add ice.
- Pull the espresso shots (if using iced coffee, simply use ¼-cup of strong coffee. Please note: Fresh espresso is better for this specific recipe than using regular coffee. Use espresso if you can.
- Add the honey to the espresso shots and mix well.
- Slowly pour the espresso shots into each glass. Pour half the espresso into the iced Pomelo juice, let it foam and create layers, then pour the remainder of the espresso shot into the juice. This will create a foam layer on top of the cold brew.
- Drink and enjoy!
- This recipe isn't traditional cold brew. Traditional cold brew is soaked overnight using a cheesecloth and beans method where the coffee grounds soak in the water. However, this recipe is similar to traditional cold brew in the fact that the espresso when mixed with the grapefruit juice creates a foam layer effect. You can use traditional cold brew in this recipe and it will work just as well as using espresso shots. Refrain from using iced coffee if you can as it's too watered down for this recipe and will take away from the strong flavor of this drink.