Dirty Chai Latte
This spicy Dirty Chai Latte uses Rasa’s Dirty blend to give this drink a little caffeine kick. A homemade caffeine-free chai mix is added to the Dirty blend along with creamy coconut milk and sweet honey. This drink is warming, calming and perfect for when you need an afternoon pick me up.
Now, Rasa is not going to provide a quick fix over night. At least that’s what I noticed. These adaptogenic wellness tonics are brewed just like coffee and are meant to provide energy over long periods of time. You have to stick with them to reap the benefit.
My two favorites are the Cacao Brew and the Dirty blend. The Dirty Blend is what I used for this Dirty Chai Latte recipe. The blend contains coffee, but only 1/5 as much caffeine as a cup of coffee! The blend also contains adaptogens such as chug, ashwaganda, and reishi. It’s the perfect in between blend for someone who wants to cut back on coffee but doesn’t want to go cold turkey. Check out all of Rasa’s products here!
Dirty Chai Latte
For the chai mix (makes 2 tbsp so you will have leftovers):
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Just under 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Just under 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
For the latte:
- 4 tbsp Rasa Dirty Blend
- 16 oz boiling water
- 4 ounces non-dairy milk such as coconut milk (4 ounces=1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp chai mix
- 1/2-1 tsp honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the 4 tablespoons of Rasa Dirty blend into a French press or a reusable tea ball and pour the boiling water over top. Allow to steep for 15-20 minutes
- While the Rasa Dirty blend is steeping, combine all the ingredients for the chai mix into a glass jar or bowl and mix well. This recipe makes about 2 tablespoons of mix or a total of 6 servings. I like to label my glass jar and place in my spice jar for another day. Scoop 1 teaspoon of the chai mix and place into a blender
- In a small sauce pot, add the coconut milk (or other nondairy milk), honey and the vanilla extract and heat until the milk almost reaches a boil. Pour into the blender
- Once the Rasa Dirty blend is done brewing, measure 8 ounces (1 cup) and pour into the blender. Turn the blender on low and slowly work up to a medium-high speed. Allow to blend for 30 seconds or so. Pour into a mug and enjoy!