Cranberry Gin Cocktail
This Cranberry Gin Cocktail is a festive addition to your holiday cocktail roster! Tangy cranberry and fruity gin pair beautifully for brunch!
I love serving this Cranberry Gin Cocktail at all my holiday gatherings! It is so pretty and festive and the mint garnish is so aromatic! I especially love serving this cranberry cocktail with my Prime Rib Sandwich for an elegant brunch!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The best part is it comes together quickly with simple ingredients, which makes it perfect for last-minute guests!
- The presentation is stunning and super simple, excellent for a welcoming signature drink!
- It pairs lovely with brunch fare and appetizers!
- It can easily be made into a mocktail if desired!
- Gin- I used Beefeater but you can use any gin you like!
- Cranberry Juice- for this recipe I used 100% juice, not cranberry cocktail which can have added sugars and corn syrup in the ingredients.
- Frozen Cranberries- these are great because they look beautiful and keep your cocktail nice and cold!
- Simple Syrup- you can purchase simple syrup but I like to make my own by boiling equal parts granulated sugar and water and heating until the sugar is dissolved. Allow it to cool and it's ready to sweeten your cocktails!
- Fresh Mint- such a pretty garnish and the aroma when sipping your cocktail is amazing! You can also garnish with lime or rosemary.
- Lemon- fresh lemon juice not concentrate.
- Soda Water- I use club soda.
How to Make a Cranberry Gin Cocktail?
- Add gin to a glass with ice and then add a squeeze of lemon.
- Next, add cranberry juice and sugar syrup.
- Top up with soda water and stir. Garnish with frozen cranberries and mint!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best drink to mix with gin? What kind of cranberry juice do you use for cocktails?
100% cranberry juice is best as it does not have added sugars or corn syrup. Using cranberry juice over cranberry cocktail gives you the opportunity to control the sweetness of your drink.Can you mix cranberry juice with gin?
Absolutely! Cranberry and gin pair beautifully together. The tang from the cranberry and the fruitiness from the gin is a great match. Citrus, whether it be lemon, lime, or orange also make wonderful compliments to these flavors.
- Chill glasses before guests arrive.
- Keep the ice and cranberries frozen until you are ready to mix the cocktail! This will avoid the drink from becoming too watery.
- Adjust the sweetness of the cocktail with the amount of simple syrup you use.
- This drink can easily be turned into a mocktail by omitting the gin and substituting ginger ale for soda water.
- If you don't have mint on hand you can garnish your cocktail with rosemary, orange, or lime slices.
If you love gin try my refreshing Blueberry Gin Sour! Love sours? Try my Vodka Cherry Sour!
Cranberry Gin Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces cranberry juice 100% juice not cranberry cocktail
- 2 ounces club soda
- frozen cranberries for garnish
- mint for garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass ¾ full with ice.
- Add gin to glass.
- Next add the fresh lemon juice and simple syrup to taste.
- Add the cranberry juice, top up with the soda, and stir with a bar spoon to combine.
- Adjust flavors to taste, garnish with cranberries and mint and enjoy!