Spinach Kadhi Pakoda
Kadhi Pakoda is a traditional Indian cuisine. It’s quite popular all over India. Each region has its own recipe; for example Punjabi Kadhi, Gujrati Kadhi, Bihari style Kadhi and more. Here I am sharing my Mom’s recipe with a little twist.
There are two elements in Kadhi Pakoda. First is Kadhi, which is a curry made from yogurt, besan/gram chickpea flour and spices. Second is Pakoda/ Fritters. These are made of gram chickpea flour.
The twist in following recipe is that I added Spinach to Kadhi. In fritters, I added kale, spinach, spring onion, onion and cilantro leaves. These fritters were so good that they vanished soon after I took them out 😂 so I made another batch.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. It’s tastes amazing with rice.
Spinach Kadhi with Kale-Spinach Fritters
Ready to Serve
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Mix everything in a bowl. Add water as required.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Make balls and fry them.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together one cup water and chickpea flour. Add turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add panchforan.
- Add garlic once it crackles. Add onion. Cook till they turn translucent.
- Add chickpeas flour-water mixture. Add one more cup water. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt/dahi with water.
- Add pakodas.
- Turn the stove off just when it starts boiling.
- Temper with ghee, asafoetida red chilli powder and whole red chillies.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- 🍽 Serve while it’s hot 🍽