The biscuits taste best when they’re still warm from the oven, as most biscuits do, so you wouldn’t want to try making them the evening before your breakfast…they just wouldn’t be as good.
If you’re a biscuit fan, Lemon-Blueberry Biscuits are perfect for spring! Whether you’re making a simple family breakfast or planning a spring brunch, these are great to add to your menu!
The Lemon Glaze on these biscuits make them extra yummy! They’re so flavorful that you don’t need any butter or jam with them—they’re great just as they are! But if you do like jam with your biscuits, go ahead and add a little butter and a small dollop of blueberry jam!
- 12 Biscuits
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly grease a 12-cup regular-size muffin pan.
- In large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together the egg, yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add this mixture to the flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes (the tops brown on these quickly; the last few minutes of baking, I moved them from the center oven rack to the lower rack so the tops wouldn’t get too brown).
- Remove biscuits from muffin cups (they’ll actually look more like muffins than biscuits) to a wire rack. Drizzle Lemon Glaze over the biscuits, and serve warm.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go