French Toast Bars
One of my favorite breakfasts is French toast. That's why I decided to create a dessert form, since having French toast at all times throughout the day is a little less socially acceptable.. This dessert has the flavors of French toast with the texture of a blondie bar. It's heavenly, and you won't be able to stop eating it. It uses all pantry ingredients you most likely have on hand, so it's the perfect thing to make if you're having guests over last minute and need a quick and easy treat to serve! You can also have it for breakfast with a nice cold brew on the side -- the combination is unreal.
- 9 bars
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
French toast bars
Cream cheese swirl
For the bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and whisk.
- Pour in the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Place dollops of the cream cheese mixture and swirl into the batter with a butter knife in figure 8 motions.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let them cool before slicing.