The best part of this easy banana bread recipe is that it is 100 percent adaptable. If you want banana muffins, you can make muffins. If you want a sheet cake style banana bread, go for it. ORRR if you want a loaf of banana bread…it works that way too. Just use the pan of your choice and bake accordingly. AND the most important part…DO NOT ADD THE OTHER CAKE MIX INGREDIENTS!! Just the dry cake mix…it REALLY is that easy!!
Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Bread Recipe
If you know me, you know I don’t like ANYTHING difficult or that takes too much time. I am ALL about simple and easy hacks to get stuff done faster. BUT I also really love to bake…or more specifically, I really love to eat baked goods:) Give me all the cheater meals and 3 ingredient recipes please…no shame in the game for me!!! And it seems that there are more of you out there looking for simple recipes too because this is THE MOST requested recipe on my Instagram. I shared it once in stories, and I get asked weekly…NOW HOW DO I MAKE THAT EASY BANANA BREAD?? IS IT REALLY JUST 3 INGREDIENTS?? And YES…it is REALLY just 3 ingredients, one bowl, and about 5 minutes to whip together this easy banana bread recipe.
ALSO…Don’t miss my tip for ALL banana bread recipes…I included it on the recipe so you won’t forget. Adding a yummy sugary crust to ANY banana bread is a GAME CHANGER!! It takes this basic recipe to a whole other level. SOOO technically, if you add the crust, you are up to 5 ingredients. OOPS.
ANDDD one more tip. I call this 1-2-3 banana bread because you can always remember 1 cake mix, 2 eggs, 3 bananas…easy peasy right?!?!?! If you love this easy banana bread recipe, you should try out this easy pumpkin cake. Or if you want the BEST cookies you should head HERE or HERE!! Happy EASY baking friends. JESS
Pin for later!!!
- 1 loaf
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry cake mix, eggs, and smashed bananas.
- Gently stir together. If you like cinnamon banana bread, add 1 tsp of cinnamon to your batter.
- Tip: With ANY banana bread recipe, I like to add a yummy crust to the outside of my bread. So before adding the batter to the pan, I like to spray my pan with cooking spray and then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. THEN, after adding the batter to the pan, I sprinkle the top with more brown sugar and cinnamon. This gives the bread some texture, and creates a yummy sweet crust. I am pretty generous with both sugar and cinnamon and coat the entire bottom of the pan as well as the top. It gives the bread a sort of coffee cake topping.
- Add to greased bread pan. You can also use a 9×9 pan for a more cake-like treat. OR you can use a muffin pan for banana muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 mins in a bread pan. 30 mins in a cake pan. 25 mins in muffin pan. These times vary greatly depending upon your cake mix. You will need to bake until a toothpick comes out clean to make sure the center is completely cooked.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go