This recipe required only 7 basic ingredients. This is a versatile recipe you can create your version of it. Here I used walnuts and almonds you can use nuts of your choice. You can skip nut butter and add frozen banana if you want. It also makes the smoothie creamier and smoother.
Chocolate Date Smoothie
Chocolate date smoothie is super nutritious and healthy way to start your day! Naturally sweetened, high in magnesium , potassium and fiber dates and everyone's favorite chocolate flavor makes a healthy and delicious breakfast option.
This smoothie is a super creamy, chocolatey and filling breakfast/after school snack option especially for kids. They are gonna love it!
I didn't use any sweetener but you can add little bit of honey/maple syrup if you want.
The dates I used were soft . But If the dates are not soft add enough water(2-3 tbsp) to soak them for 15 minutes and then make a puree of it. And add the puree while making the smoothie.
Use a powerful blender to blend everything well until nice and creamy. I topped it with some chocolate shavings, you can top with your favorite nuts to add a crunch.
Here is a video tutorial of the recipe. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out. I would love to know your version of this smoothie, in the comments!!
- 1 jar
- Prep time: 1 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Minutes|Total time: 2 Minutes
- Add all the ingredients in to the blender jar.
- Blend everything well until nice and creamy. Top with some chocolate shavings/ chopped nuts. Enjoy!
- 1) I didn't use any sweetener but if you want you can always add little bit of honey/maple syrup to it.
- 2) If you don't have almond or any nut butter you can always use banana to thicken the smoothie texture.
- 3) I just added all the ingredients to blender because the blender is powerful enough to blend everything into smooth texture. If you feel your blender is not powerful enough and makes the smoothie gritty. Soak the nut in hot water(2-3 tbsp) for 15 minutes and blend them first.
- 4) The dates I used was fresh and soft , If they are hard than soften them up by soaking in hot water with the nuts and blend everything in puree before adding milk.