Here I am, the week before Thanksgiving, embracing the last moments of pumpkin season because we all know peppermint season is right around the corner. One of my favorite things I’ve made for breakfast this fall is pumpkin french toast. I’ve learned that the key to the BEST french toast is using thick, fluffy challah or brioche. I don’t think using any other kind of bread for french toast will ever be the same. I made this for some friends and they were shocked at how the bread really makes all the difference! Just switch up your bread, and I promise your french toast game will automatically be elevated and you'll impress all of your guests.
Pumpkin French Toast
5 (1 Review)
- 1 serving
- Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 5 Minutes Total time: 10 min
- Thick slices of challah or brioche
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil to fry
- powdered sugar & maple syrup for topping
- maple syrup for topping
- In a shallow bowl, mix the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice.
- Add your bread and let it soak in the mixture for 2 min per side.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan at medium heat.
- Add the bread and fry on each side until golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!