Baked Honey Cauliflower Wings
From a distance, they could almost fool you into thinking they were bite-size bits of deep-fried chicken, but lo and behold, they are actually small cauliflower heads!
These crispy little darlings are coated in a glaze that uses Asian ingredients and is best consumed when just baked.
Cauliflower is low carb, nutritional, a good source of antioxidants, high in fiber (which helps make you feel full), a popular diet food and so much more. Really, cauliflower is just a great and healthy replacement vessel that doesn't impart any strong flavours of its own, which is why it's such a versatile ingredient!
For other recipe ideas please visit my IG: olivia_homecook
- 1 Portion
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
For the batter
For the sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C/425F and line a large baking tray with a silicone mat or baking parchment.
- In a bowl whisk the flour, spices, milk, and water until little to no lumps appear. Move it into a ziploc bag, add the cauliflower florets into the batter and shake it until evenly coated.
- Spread it on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, flipping the florets over when halfway through the baking time to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower florets are baking, get your sauce ready. In a small non-stick saucepan, heat the oil and add all the sauce ingredients to the pan, cooking over a low heat, stir for about 3 minutes then set aside.
- Take out the cauliflower florets from the oven and drizzle/glaze with the sauce mix, then put back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until they're crispy.