Grilled Chicken Breast with Mediterranean marinade
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken With Israeli Couscous Salad
New recipe alert!
It's Friday my Food Talk Daily friends, and I would like to share one of my ultimate favorite super easy recipes, Mediterranean grilled chicken with Israeli couscous salad. Is all the flavors of the Mediterranean combined into one dish.
The marinade is the start of this dish. It is so tangy and delicious, that you will want to use it to marinade other meats like fish, steaks and shrimp. I have used it to marinate tilapia, mahi mahi and carne asada. Super delish!
The ingredients are so simple and the best part is that you can also use it as a salad dressing. Just add a little more of lemon juice and a good extra virgin olive oil to get a desired consistency. This is perfect, since you prepare 1 bowl with all the ingredients and be able to use it twice. It is fresh, heathy, easy to make and so flavorful. I start by making the marinade with crushed garlic, oregano, parsley, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. You will combine all ingredients and pour over the thinly sliced chicken breast and let it marinade while you start prepping your ingredients for the salad and cooking the Israeli couscous salad. My favorite ingredients for the couscous salad are: tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese and fresh mint.
Let's get cooking and dishplay_it together.
Grilled Mediterranean chicken breast with Israeli couscous salad
Here is to tasty dishes made simple and flavorful!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
Israeli couscous salad
- First, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade: olive oil, lemon, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of this marinade for the dressing.
- In a pyrex or in a large Ziploc bag place the thinly sliced chicken breast with the marinade for about 10 minutes, while you prep the salad.
- For the salad: First, cook the Israeli couscous following package instructions. In a 2 quart saucepan, sautee 1 1/3 cups couscous with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, until is golden brown (about 5 minutes). Slowly add 1 1/3 cup of boiling water and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook and cover. Simmer for about 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- While the couscous is cooking, let's prepare the salad ingredients. For this recipe I used 2 Persian cucumbers. First peel, sliced and cut in halves. Then slice the grape tomatoes and kalamata olives in half. Next cube the feta cheese.
- Next, let's pre-heat up the grill to high temperature about 400 degrees. Then bring heat to medium and grill the chicken breast for about 4 minutes each side or until is cook through. Remember they are thinly slices of chicken breast so they will cook fast. Remove checkin and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving . If you don't want to use the outdoor grill, may use a stovetop cast iron grill instead.
- To assemble your salad, first put a layer of the arugula, then the Israeli couscous, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of dressing and chopped mint leaves. Dinner is ready!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go