Warm Spiced Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad With Tahini Dressing
This salad is really simple and filling and tied together perfectly by the tahini dressing, with its nutty, garlicky and lemony tang. Both the white and Romanesco caulis were from our local farm shop and were absolutely huge!
Cauliflowers are wonderful at the moment and in season in the UK. A fairly underrated veg, we think it is fantastic at taking on lots of flavour and has delicious leaves which are perfect for roasting right alongside the florets themselves. You can also use the stalk for most cauliflower recipes and it makes a brilliant homemade slaw!
Do yourselves a favour and eat the entire thing, it’s delicious and if you get some as big as we did, it’ll last you for ages!
To see more recipes and food ideas, visit our instagram
- 1 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180 Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Roughly chop up the cauliflower and put into a bowl
- Drain the chickpeas (but keep the water!) and add to the bowl with the cauliflower
- Add the oil, cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Add the spice paste to the cauliflower and chickpeas and mix until everything is coated.
- Put onto a baking tray and pop in the oven for 30 mins - remove after 30 mins and stir, then pop back into the oven for another 15 mins (or until the cauliflower is soft in the middle and crispy on the edges)
- Whilst this cooks, make the tahini sauce. Put everything into a bowl and stir until you get a fairly runny consistency, similar to double cream. Add some of the chickpea water as needed to loosen it up.
- Roughly chop up the parsley and pecans and set aside.
- Pop the pilau packet rice into the microwave to cook then place onto a bowl or plate
- Remove the cauliflower and chickpeas from the oven and place on top of the pilau rice then sprinkle with the parsley and pecans - season to taste with salt and pepper if you so wish.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the top of the salad and add some Sriracha for an extra kick if you like.
- Enjoy! 😊
- You can, of course, make your own pilau rice for this salad if you prefer.
- If you don’t have water from your chickpeas or forget to keep it, you can use tap water.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go