Miso Glazed Eggplants
For meatless Monday, we have here a Miso Glazed Roasted Japanese Eggplant. It was so delicious and can be served as a meal or as a side dish. it is also a really easy recipe to prepare. I prefer using the Japanese eggplants and roasting them on a parchment lined sheet pan for easy clean up or you can roast in a greased skillet. You can serve right from the skillet to table or plate this dish, but either way, it is impressive to present to guests. Drizzle the remaining miso mixture over top. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and scallions. I recommend serving with crispy tofu or edamame to add additional protein to round out the meal. Serve immediately.
- 6 Pieces
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Cut tops off of the eggplants and cut them lengthwise in half. Score the flesh in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with the point of a knife without cutting all the way through. Arrange the eggplants on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- In a blender or food processor, mix together the sesame oil, white miso, maple syrup, mirin, garlic, ginger, and scallions (save some dark green leaves sliced on the diagonal for garnish)
- Spread the mixture on each eggplant half. Reserve 2 tbsp for topping. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until eggplant is softened.
- Drizzle reserved miso mixture overtop. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and scallion leaves. Serve immediately.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go