Black Bean Cake Recipe
This is an easy recipe to make ahead and freeze. I love having a recipe that I prepare once and can later pull another meal from the Freezer. Here is a delicious Black Bean Cake Recipe that is nutritious and easy to make. Serve with salsa, sour cream or corn relish for a yummy meal.
This recipe has the advantage of using items that can be found in your pantry for a quick spur of the moment dinner.
See recipe for a full list of ingredients.
In addition, you can switch ingredients if necessary and still achieve a delicious tasting Black Bean Cake. I recently didn’t have jalapenos so I added additional red Pepper flakes and it was still yummy.
If you plan to freeze your patties, I recommend rolling them into a ball for storage. Once they thaw, you can easily press into the preferred patty shape.
Because there are only two of us, this recipe is more than needed for one meal. I prepare all the patties and freeze all that will not be needed for the current meal. Here is a Chicken Enchilada Recipe that makes a large amount and freezes well.
Just be sure to label your freezer bag and these will still taste delicious for up to 6 months.
Delicious sides to Compliment Black Bean Cake Recipe
These Black Bean Cakes pair well with salsa, and/or sour cream. One of my favorite combinations is to serve this Corn Relish Recipe with the Black Bean Cakes.
Try this delicious Taco Soup Recipe!
Black Bean Cake Recipe
- 2 15 oz. Black Beans
- ½ cup Green Onions Finely chopped
- 2 med. Jalapeno Peppers Finely Chopped
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp B B Que Sauce
- ½ cup Dried Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- dash Red Pepper Flakes
- Drain & Rinse Black Beans
- Mash Beans
- Add all ingredients except bread crumbs
- Mix well and separate into 6 patty size rolls
- Spread Bread Crumbs on wax paper and roll patties over bread crumbs pressing crumbs into the patties.
- Press into patties
- Cook in skillet over med. heat until hot.
- Note: If patties appear to wet, add bread crumbs to the mixture to thicken the consistency.
- This is a great recipe to freeze. Leave black bean patties in a ball to freeze.
- Delicious when served with any of the following sides/condiments.
- Sour Cream
- Corn Relish