Vegan Buddha Bowl
Want something fresh, healthy and tasty for dinner this summer? Then look no further! This dish is the ideal summer evening dinner, which is packed with healthy proteins, and such beautiful vibrant colours.
Whats in this Buddha bowl?
💚roasted herby sweet potatoes
💚crunch red cabbage
💚garlic crimini mushrooms
I love that with a Buddha bowl you can vary your mouthfuls each time with different combinations of the dish. But if you combine all these together, you get the PEREFECT buddha bowl creation!
This is the perfect summer evening dinner, which is packed with goodness and awesome flavour! Stay tuned for more plant based tasty recipes on my instagram page @the.last.bite.food.blog
Vegan Buddha Bowl
For the chickpeas
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 pepper
- handful of spinach
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp italian herbs
- 1 punnet of crimini mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 avocado
- 2 spring onions
- To make your satay chickpeas, simply add all your sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and cook on a very low heat for approx 5 minutes until the peanut butter softens. Meanwhile drain your chickpeas and rinse. Now add your chickpeas into the pan, stir. You may need to add a little water to cover the chickpeas evenly with he sauce and make it lightly smoother. keep warm on a very low heat until serving.
- Cook your brown rice according to your packet instructions.
- Cube your sweet potato into small cubes, cover with a splash of olive oil and your italian herbs. Cook at 400f for approx 30/40 minutes until soft.
- Finely slice your pepper into thin strips. Add to a frying pan with a little oil and cook on a low heat until soft.
- Finely chop your garlic, soften in a frying pan and then add your crimini mushrooms. Fry for a few minutes.
- Slice your spring onions into strips.
- Slice your avocado in half, remove the stone, peel. and then cut into slices.
- Assemble all your elements on top of your rice in your bowl and serve.