This was everyone's favorite dish at my Christmans dinner! I like making a big batch of these as a good vegetarian side dish for holiday dinners. Although many people think they don't like brussels sprouts given their bad connotation, I've had this recipe change many people's minds!
My secret to the crispiest brussels sprouts is using my air fryer and cutting the sprouts into quarters. Ever since buying my air fryer, I will never cook brussels sprouts any other way again. They get so much crispier than when oven roasting and cook so much faster!
Check out my Instagram @tikofoods for more holiday dinner recipes!
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
- 2 shallots
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Cut the ends off of the brussels sprouts then quarter them
- Add to air fryer basket, spray with olive oil then season with salt and garlic powder
- Air fry at 370 F for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway. Do this in batches if needed as you don't want to overcrowd the basket.
- Heat butter in a pan then add sliced shallots
- Caramelize the shallots on low heat for approximately 10 minutes, then add the Italian bread crumbs
- Continue mixing it all together until the breadcrumbs start to brown
- Add the air fried brussels, parmesan cheese, and mix it all together
- Garnish with more parmesan and serve
- Add baco