Lemon and Garlic Olive Oil
There is nothing easier to do than make your own flavoured olive oil!
If you purchase flavoured oil ready-made from the store, it is quite expensive when you work out the ml size to $ value.
And if you are like me and use it all the time the dollars add up!
But make it yourself and save!
Especially if you recycle used glass bottles
and buy the olive oil when it is on super saver specials.
So let's whip up some 'Lemon and Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil'...
and honestly, it takes about 10 minutes to put together.
So here we go
(No print recipe for this one as it is so basic).
For the oil, I used Lupi Brand in a mild flavour.
I have grated the rind off I small lemon.
Then peeled and roughly chopped 4 garlic cloves.
Put the rind and the garlic in a heat sterilised bottle, new or recycled that has a screw cap or cork stopper.
(I have used a recycled tequila bottle because I just LOVE the shape of this bottle and the very groovy glass stopper.)
Next, carefully fill up the bottle with olive oil.
Cork or cap.
That is it!
I prettied up my bottle with a flax weave and string collar.
If you gift it, add a wee name tag of the flavour of the oil.
And instructions to leave for three weeks, but turn the bottle upside down every week, before using.
Store out of direct sunlight.
This gives the lemon and garlic time to infuse their delicious flavours into the oil.
Gift it, or keep it for your own kitchen pantry,
this flavoured oil is delicious on green salads, to cook fish, prawns or shellfish in,
(or drizzle a little over your cooked seafood)
Grab a cuppa, and visit
my Fine Art America gift store
'Tracey Lee Cassin Design'
Lemon and Garlic Olive Oil
To make the oil
- Grated rind off I small lemon.
- Peeled and roughly chopped 4 garlic cloves.
- Olive oil - enough to fill your medium size bottle or jar.
- Grate the rind off I small lemon.
- Peel and roughly chop 4 cloves of garlic.
- Place the lemon rind and the chopped garlic into a bottle of your choice.
- Fill your desired bottle with Olive oil.
- Cap or cork to seal.
Time to infuse:
- Place the bottle in a dark cool place for 3 weeks.
- But every week, turn the bottle upside down so the garlic and rind move in the oil.
Decorate the bottle neck.
- I prettied up my bottle with a flax weave and string collar.
- If you gift it, add a wee name tag of the flavour of the oil.
- And instructions to leave for three weeks, but turn the bottle upside down every week, before using.
- Other flavours:
- Rosemary, garlic on its own, lemon rind on its own (just triple the amount of rind used), garlic and chilli flakes or fresh chilli.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!