When winter arrives, pea soup is the thing that comes to my mind first, I already imagined the taste and I built the recipe in my head and noticed that I had zucchini in the fridge that I put it in together with the peas. Did you know? Peas and zucchini is a great combination and the flavors complement each other.
The soup is creamy, thick, and indulgent and very easy to prepare!! I love soups that are easy to make and the speed it's ready is like magic and I don't even bother to soak the peasin water beforehand. Some like to make the soup with dry peas, but this requires soaking in water. Another tip for those who like, the soup is vegetarian and even vegan but those who want, can add half a container of heavy cream and this will enrich the soup even more!
- 1 dried onion chopped into cubes
- 1 large zucchini cut into cubes
- 3 stalks of celery with the sliced leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen delicate peas
- 3 tablespoons of plain oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups hot water
- Heat a large saucepan with oil, add the onion, celery and zucchini and fry for a few minutes.
- Next, add the dried peas.
- Add the hot water, boil the vegetables, lower the heat and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Next, check the vegetables that have indeed softened and cooked, and transfer all the contents of the vegetables with the water to the blender (or if there is a rod blender and then crush everything in a saucepan)
- Transfer the soup back to the pot for further cooking, add spices and add the fine peas in its entirety for cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Make sure the peas have been cooked and are soft.