The ultimate combination of comfort foods.. chili and macaroni and cheese! This chili mac is the perfect dish to make this fall. It is warm and hearty and has that signature chili flavor we all know and love, but with a cheesy richness and noodles added to it. I used some cute fall themed noodles that I got at Aldi, but feel free to use any type of small noodle. Let it simmer for awhile before adding your noodles and it will make your house smell amazing all day! Plus, the leftovers are fabulous the next day as well. After the flavors really have time to soak in overnight, dare I say they are even better?
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 8 oz noodles (usually 1/2 box)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onion in olive until fragrant.
- Then brown the hamburger.
- Once the hamburger is browned, add in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, and seasonings.
- Let simmer and come to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and add in the noodles.
- Cook until al dente then add in the cheese.
- Simmer until cheese is melted!