Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
This tomato feta pasta salad is a delicious summer salad recipe, and super easy to make for a side dish or pot luck. With just a few ingredients, this cold summer salad recipe is practically effortless to make.
What goes with cold pasta salad?
Practically anything goes well with this cold pasta salad recipe. I like to serve mine with delicious grilled foods like burgers, hot dogs, barbeque chicken, or brats. This mushroom and swiss pub burger is one of my favorite pairings for any of our summer salad recipes.Should you rinse pasta for pasta salad?
Yes, you should definitely rinse the pasta in cold water to make this tasty summer salad recipe. The cold water will help cool down the pasta, making it perfect for a cold summer salad.Is it better to make pasta salad the day before?
That answer may vary depending on who you ask, but since you’re asking me, I say fresh is better. If I’m short on time the day of, I may chop up veggies the night before, and do whatever other prep work that I can. You could make this the night before you plan to serve it, if you absolutely need to, but I would not make it any further in advance than that.
What other recipes besides this tomato feta pasta salad should I try?
We have some really great recipes that are perfect for summer grilling season. I highly recommend these ones, as they are some of my favorite side dishes and sweet treats!
- Best Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Easy Oreo Cookie Dip
- Cherry Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip
- Easy Summer Tortellini Salad
Mom Skoop has a delicious Classic Apple Waldorf Salad that is perfect for summer too!
- mini penne pasta
- olive oil
- stone ground mustard
- minced garlic
- cherry tomatoes
- crumbled feta
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
- 1 lb (16 oz) box mini penne pasta (or regular if you can’t find mini)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz crumbled feta
- ¼ cup basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and heat over high heat until boiling.
- Add pasta and cook for 9 minutes, or until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, cut tomatoes in half, and chop basil.
- Strain pasta and rinse well with cold water. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add dressing mixture to pasta and stir well.
- Add tomatoes, feta, and basil to pasta, and toss to combine.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!