The Very Best Chicken Ceasar Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy f or details
My future Son-In-Law is quite a good cook and he made us the best chicken Caesar salad for Annie’s bridal shower this past weekend. I followed him around with my pen and paper and did my best to get things exactly as he didn’t measure anything. I consider myself to be a pretty good “traditional” Ceasar salad maker and most of our ingredients are the same. The difference was that he processed his in a Hamilton Beach Power Elite Blender with 40oz Glass Jar and 3-Cup Vegetable Chopper, 12 Functions for Puree, Ice Crush, Shakes and Smoothies, Black and Stainless Steel (58149)” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener nofollow”>blender) while I just whisk my ingredients together. Blending the ingredients creates a very creamy dressing. I will be making mine this way from now on.
We started with grilling some chicken breasts that were just rubbed with a bit of olive oil. We then seasoned them with seasoning salt and cayenne pepper. When I’m home I grill or bake with oil and cajun seasoning. A chicken breast takes about 20 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven. After the breast is baked or grilled, it can sit, tented with foil.
While the chicken breast was cooking we cut the ends off of two heads of romaine. Then rinsed and set to dry on a paper towel.
Then we prepared the dressing and tossed all the ingredients together.
Chicken Ceasar Salad is such a great summertime meal. We don’t like our chicken warm from the oven or grill. It’s a great cold lunch or dinner on a hot day.
I’ve been on the search for new recipes. While this is new to us the dressing is different. I just loved the creaminess of it. This is also a 30-minute meal. If you make the dressing and prep the lettuce while the chicken is baking, you have a meal in under a half-hour. Serve with some crusty french bread and a cold glass of Pinot Grigio or Rose wine. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for another 30 minute or less meal then you might also like this incredibly easy chicken recipe. You can find it HERE
The Very Best Chicken Ceasar Salad
Bake or Grilled Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- cajun seasoning (to taste & optional)
- salt & pepper (to taste & optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can 10 oz. anchovies, drained (can use less or eliminate if you like)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan Cheese divided in half
- Brush chicken breast with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with cajun seasoning (Optional)
- Bake chicken breast in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until cooked through. Let chicken rest.
- While chicken is cooking; In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk, and spices.
- Add anchovies to a food processor and add a little bit of lemon juice mixture. Pulse until almost smooth and then add the remainder of the lemon juice mixture and pulse again.
- When this mixture is well combined, with the processor on, slowly add the olive oil until a creamy dressing consistency. If necessary, add a bit more oil.
Putting Salad Together
- Tear or chop up the lettuce and add to a large bowl with croutons and 1/2 of grated cheese. Add dressing and toss until completely coated.
- Serve salad topped with chicken and additional parmesan if preferred