Cheesy Mexican Dorito Chicken
Here's a fun new dinner idea that your kids will love!My new Cheesy Mexican Dorito Chicken is flavorful and easy to make.
I told my followers on social media the other day that I feel like it's a constant battle just keeping enough food in the house during the Summer with my hungry kids off school. My mind is on a continuous spinning reel - what am I making for dinner? Do I have enough fruit? What snacks have we run out of? Short version of the story is they eat a lot and I have an ongoing grocery list stuck to the fridge so I can keep up. Are there such things as grocery store loans???
Enter in my Cheesy Mexican Dorito Chicken. I love the ease of this recipe (rotisserie chicken) and the use of other fridge and pantry staples (salsa, sour cream, black beans, Doritos, cheese) + I knew in the back of my head that ANY dinner dish with Doritos in the title would win over my kids. I made this dish in the morning, shot photos and by the time that was finished it was nearing lunch and all people in my house started wondering their way over to me with that hungry look in their eyes looking for their next meal. I had fully planned on just reheating it for dinner, but SHOCKER, they ate half of the pan for lunch.
This lunch/dinner in our house was a big hit! The creamy chicken layer is sandwiched in between two layers of crushed nacho cheese Doritos, cheddar cheese and black beans. Those chips gets crispy and delicious in the oven. Before serving I laid out toppings of shredded lettuce, sour cream, more salsa and guacamole. All of which added more crunch and creaminess.
Wouldn't this be a fun dinner to change up your Taco Tuesday nights? My kids requested it visit again soon - and I agreed with them. Easy to make and great as leftovers! I also think it could be made with ground beef. A nice variation on the original. I hope to see you give this one a try soon. If you enjoy it please leave a star rating review below on the attached recipe card. This helps other readers (so many people read reviews) to know if they should make it.
Cheesy Mexican Dorito Chicken
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese Doritos
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t salt
- 1 t dried cilantro, or a few sprigs fresh
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and cover with half of the crushed Doritos and all of the black beans.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken, sour cream, salsa, cumin, salt and half of the shredded Cheddar. Mix and spoon onto the bottom layer of crushed chips.
- Bake this at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining crushed Doritos and cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with your favorite toppings - shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc.