Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Bites
Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Bites are gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30! These are as simple as filling a coconut wrap with shredded chicken and rolling into a burrito shape to be baked until brown and crispy. Dip these buffalo bites into some ranch and you have yourself the ultimate sneaky healthy Super Bowl appetizer. The best part? This recipe has only three ingredients!
How to make sweet & spicy buffalo chicken bites
The first step in making these buffalo bites is to cook and shred chicken. Shred a store-bought rotisserie chicken, roast some chicken breasts in the oven, or slow cook in the Crockpot. Honestly, the way you cook or buy the chicken is up to you. Keep it easy and stress-free!
Once the chicken is shredded, add spicy buffalo sauce and mix until the chicken is coated.
Next, cut the coconut wraps into quarters. Add a little bit of the shredded chicken to the center and then roll. Once all the chicken has been made, bake the bites in the oven at 375 degrees until brown. This should only take about 20 minutes!
Once the buffalo chicken bites are baked, remove them from the oven, place them on a serving platter, and enjoy with ranch or your other favorite dipping sauces.
What are coconut wraps?
The wraps used for these buffalo bites are Nuco Coconut Wraps. They contain one ingredient: organic coconut meat. I love using these wraps in place of tortillas or sandwich wraps. They are gluten and grain-free so they make for a great sandwich bread alternative. Check out the whole line of coconut wraps here.
I like to use my Homemade Dairy-free Ranch as the dipping sauce for these chicken buffalo bites. Of course, you can buy a store-bought ranch. Some of my favorites include Primal Kitchen and the Thrive Market Ranch.
The OG buffalo sauce is Frank’s Red Hot. It’s spicy and has the perfect amount of tang. You just can’t go wrong! I always recommend using Frank’s, but The New Primal has become one of my new favorites. They have a mild, medium and hot buffalo sauce depending on how much heat you can tolerate. The New Primal also has a buffalo sauce and ranch bundle that includes a bottle of their BBQ sauce and ketchup.
Looking for more appetizer ideas? Make sure to check out this Vegan French Onion Dip and these Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of the links and make a purchase, I may make a commission off your purchase at no additional cost to you. If you decide to purchase, thank you! Your purchases keep allowing me to share healthy recipes!
Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce like Franks Red Hot or New Primal
- 2 packages Nuco coconut wraps
- 1 recipe homemade ranch or other dairy free ranch
- Shred the chicken into small pieces. Add the buffalo sauce and toss until the chicken is coated. Stack the Nuco Coconut Wraps on top of each other and cut them in half. Then take each half and cut it in half again making 40 mini wraps.
- Lay one mini coconut wrap down on and place about 1 tablespoon of the shredded chicken on top. Fold the bottom to the center of the wrap then fold in both sides of the wrap, finish by bringing the top down creating a tiny burrito. Place on a baking tray, seam side down.
- Continue with the remaining wraps until the chicken is used up. Place the baking tray into. the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and serve with ranch or your other favorite dipping sauces.
Bake at what temp?
How about puff pastry instead of coconut wraps?