I love all food that involves marinara sauce. Spaghetti, ravioli, pizza, lasagna, etc. The list could go on. So it is safe to say I LOVE chicken parmesan. I actually never had this until a few years ago. Somehow I had never even heard of it before?! Now it is one of my go to meals. I know chicken parmesan is traditionally served over noodles, and although that is delicious too, I like to just serve mine as is. I think it is so filling and satisfying already! I typically pair it with a Caesar salad on the side. Such a great combination. It is also super good on a sub sandwich.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut chicken breast in half to make 2 thinner pieces of chicken.
- Pat dry & season with some salt & pepper.
- In one bowl, whisk the egg.
- In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg and then coat with bread crumb mixture. Repeat this twice for extra crispy chicken.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out and top with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- Broil for 3-4 min or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Garnish with parsley & more parmesan!