This spicy sausage pasta is so delicious! You can use any type of pasta but I just love orecchiette. Substitute mild sausages depending on spice preference. Optional - add steamed broccoli florets for more veg! The brocolli pairs so well but is also a delicious, vegetarian friendly substitution for the sausage.
Sometimes simplicity really is best! This recipe takes it back to basics with minimal ingredients and steps. It comes together quickly and doesn't even require a sauce! All the flavors come from the sausage mixed with onion, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Yum!
Head over to my Instagram @tikofoods for more must-try pasta recipes!
- Water to boil
- 2 cups of dry orecchiette pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spicy pork sausages
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 small diced brown onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 2-3 cups of spinach
- 3/4 cups of the reserved pasta water
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil
- Add the orecchiette and boil as per box instructions until tender
- Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water
- Drizzle pasta with olive oil and mix to prevent sticking
- In a pan, crumble 2 spicy sausages and cook through
- Once cooked, set the sausages aside and add 3 - 4 tbsp butter to the pan
- Using a spatula, scrape up any remaining sausage bits (fond)
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic clove
- Season with chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent
- Combine the pasta, sausage, onions, garlic, and spinach
- Add the reserved pasta water and mix together until spinach wilts
- Mix in the parmesan and adjust according to taste
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published June 30th, 2021 10:22 PM
That looks absolutely scrumptious! Can't wait to try it!
This looks like a great comfort food!! Can’t wait to try the recipe!!🙂