Oven Braised Beef
3 hr 20 min
This super tender slow cooked beef is perfect for a Sunday night dinner. It pairs so well with fluffy mashed potatoes, making it the ULTIMATE comfort meal. I love this recipe because you just put everything in the oven and forget about it for 3 hours. The oven does all the work!
No matter how warm it gets outside, I will always be in the mood for some cozy tender braised beef. I used chuck roast for this recipe and by the time it was done cooking it fell right apart on my fork.
Follow my Instagram @tikofoods for more yummy meals.
Oven Braised Beef
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 diced large carrots
- 4 sliced celery stalks
- 1 diced white onion
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp worchesterchire sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Chop beef into cubes
- Coat the beef cubes in flour, shake off excess
- Heat oil in an oven safe pot, then add the coated beef
- Brown all sides of the meat, then remove the meat and set aside. Do this in batches as you should not overcrowd the pan.
- Add more olive oil and add the carrots, onions, celery, and garlic
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir until softened, then add the balsamic vinegar, red wine, and beef broth
- Bring to a boil then add the rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves
- Place the meat back in the pot then place into the oven for 3 to 4 hours, until extremely tender
- Remove the bay leaves and herb stems, then serve over potatoes
- You can use butter instead of olive oil
- Add mushrooms if you'd like
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published March 30th, 2021 8:22 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
2 of 3 comments
looks delicious. I’m going to try it. But 4 lbs beef for 4 servings. Is this a misprint?
4 lbs of beef roast to serve 4? This is a typo, right?