Learn how to make simple and juicy Homemade Meatballs recipe with these easy to follow step by step.
I am gonna be showing you how to make some very quick and simple but juicy and delicious Homemade Meatballs recipe. They’re great with spaghetti pasta, mashed potatoes or even by itself.
These juicy Homemade Meatballs don’t require many ingredients, most of it you’ll have at home for everyday use. I always add some parmesan because cheese is always a good idea but it also adds great flavor, some saltiness and moisture. I will not tell you how much cheese to put in your Meatballs, that is totally up to you and I will not judge you if you wanna put 1 whole cup or more of it!
This recipe is very easy to follow and has very few steps. It is very important to get a nice sear on the meatballs to enhance the flavor and also add texture. Simmering them at the end in the tomato sauce to finish it off is crucial for some juiciness.
Homemade Meatballs are a great addition to you lunch or dinner, have it ready in the fridge or you can even keep it in the freezer for when you want to eat them!
- 500g Ground Beef
- 300g Ground Pork
- 1 pc Egg
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 pc Onion
- ¼ cup Milk
- To taste Parmesan
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 500ml Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup Basil, fresh
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a medium-large bowl, add the ground beef, ground pork, egg, bread crumbs, minced garlic, finely chopped onion, milk, parmesan and salt & pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients really well with your hands.
- Using a small baking/ice cream scoop, scoop out portions and then roll each small meatball into balls. Place it on a baking tray.
- Put a large pot or frying pan over high heat and add a little bit of butter and olive oil. Once the pan is really hot, add all the meatballs to it and let them sear nicely.
- Once one side has a nice golden brown color, turn it and allow all other sides to get the same color. Once all sides are nice and golden brown, add the tomato sauce, bring it to a boil and leave the heat on until the meatballs are fully cooked. When it is fully cooked, turn the heat off and serve.
- Mix the seasoning evenly and really well into the ground meat
- If you're not sure if you seasoned it enough, take a really small piece and cook it in a frying pan quickly and taste that small piece. Adjust seasoning accordingly after