Bison Alla Caprese Burgers
Summer is around the corner... we are so ready to enjoy some outdoor fun, grilling and nice sunny days.
For this recipe I decided to combined two of my favorites recipes: bison burgers and caprese salad. The bison is a lean and heart healthy meat. The caprese salad is a very simple and refreshing salad. Just a few ingredients like fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, with a nice drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze and extra virgin olive oil.
This is my twist on these traditions recipes. I simply seasoned the ground bison meat with salt, pepper, 1/4 cup of almond flour and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. I combined all the ingredients and grabbed about 1/4 cup of meat, turned into a ball. Then I combined the mozzarella ( I used shredded mozzarella) with thinly chopped basil. I stuffed the bison burgers with the cheese and basil and make the burger patties.
In a hot cast iron grill pan I cooked the patties for about 4 minutes each side for medium well finish. The cheese inside is nice and melted.
In a hot pan I sauteed about 1 cup of cherry tomatoes in olive oil, and 1 garlic clove, seasoned with salt and pepper and add fresh chopped basil at the end. This will be our topping for the bison burgers.
Then topped off with tomatoes, garlic basil and drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze.
Simple and healthy ingredients for a delightful meal.
How to dishplay_it?
Simply arrange the burgers, topped them off with the warm tomatoes, garlic and basil, and finally a good drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze.
Let's Display_it together and elevate home cooked meals!
Bison Alla Caprese Burgers
- 1 lb of ground bison meat
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar glaze
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 -3 TBSP of EVOO
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- In a large bowl mix the ground bison meat, salt, pepper, almond flour, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze about 1 tsp and 1 tsp of olive oil. Mix it gently to incorporate all seasonings, then use a 1/4 measuring cup to divide the ground bison in even portions. Turn into a ball and then pressed in the center to make a opening to stuffed with shredded mozzarella and 5 chopped leaves of basil and close it into a patty. Set aside.
- In a hot cast iron grill pan or the grill, cooke the burger patties for about 4-5 minutes.
- In a skillet drizzle olive oil and sautee the garlic and chopped cherry tomatoes for about 5 minutes, then add some basil.
- Once the patties are ready, simply arrange in a platter, top with the warm tomatoes, more chopped basil and topped off with another drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
- You may used a small mozzarella ball (also called ciliegine) instead of the shredded mozzarella.