Smoked Turkey Wings
We're all familiar with the hype around chicken wings, but seriously, turkey wings are underrated! These wings bring a whole new level of awesome to the wing game. Picture this: juicy, tender meat that practically melts in your mouth, with flavors that explode like fireworks. And guess what? Turkey wings are like flavor sponges, soaking up all those delicious spices and seasonings. So, let's give turkey wings a shout-out and finally recognize them as the unsung heroes of the wing world! They're about to become your new wing obsession, my friends. Get ready to be blown away!
Now, let's talk about these smoked turkey wings. They are a complete masterpiece! Tender and succulent meat encased in a symphony of flavors, this dish will leave you begging for seconds. The combination of sweet and spicy paprika, dark brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper creates a delicious explosion of taste in your mouth.
The skin is beautifully crisped, providing a satisfying crunch that gives way to the juicy, melt-in-your-mouth meat beneath. Every single ingredient has been carefully selected to create a harmonious ensemble of flavors, making these wings a triumph of culinary expertise. So get your napkins, my friends, because this dish will have you licking your fingers and reaching for more. These smoked turkey wings will undoubtedly be the star of your next gathering, leaving your guests begging for your culinary secrets and a second helping. It's time to unleash your inner grill master and bring the heat to your kitchen (or BBQ)!
Smoked Turkey Wings
- 3 lb turkey wings
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat the grill to 250 degrees F.
- Take the turkey wings and cut them into drumettes and flats. Leave off the wing tips.
- Drizzle the turkey wings with a touch of canola oil, ensuring they are well-coated.
- Combine the spices and generously coat the wings with it.
- Coat the grate with a dash of nonstick cooking spray. Place the spice-covered wings over the unlit side
- Close the grill lid and let the wings reach a 165 degrees F. This process will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Carefully remove the wings from the grill, allowing them to rest for about 10 minutes
- Serve with barbecue sauce or your desired sauce (optional)