Paneer Tikka Masala
Paneer tikka masala is an Indian dish of marinated paneer cheese served in a spiced gravy. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka masala. It is an excellent source of protein, which helps boost muscle growth along with a ton of other benefits. It contains high amounts of calcium, which can help you build strong teeth and muscles.
Have been thinking of restaurant food all one week, therefore, no matter where you live/ what you do - do what you love,
Decided to make Paneer Tikka Masala at home, and the flavors are unbelievable. A must try if you like cottage cheese. Enjoy with Naan or Rice!
Paneer Tikka Masala
For the Masala (Sauce):
- 12 ounces paneer cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow/red onion very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree/ 2 small chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli power
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt-optional
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons Kasturi Methi
- Salt to taste
For Masala/Curry Preparation:
- Fry Paneer in oil for about 5 minutes and take it aside, soak in towel paper- remove access oil.
- Heat the oil over medium low in a large, sturdy skillet. Once hot, add the bell pepper, onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute, then increase the heat to medium and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric, and chilli powder. Cook and stir constantly for 30 seconds, until very fragrant. . Add the paneer and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 2 minutes more.
- Crush kasturi methi in palm and add on top of the curry.
- For serving: Homemade Naan / bread/ brown rice
- Add 1 spoon of heavy cream if you want to change the texture of the masala. It taste good too!