Soya /Nutrela Pulao
Soya /Nutrela Pulao is a dish that is loaded with veggies and spices which give it a memorable exotic flavour.
A spicy, delicious Soya Pulao is an Indian weeknight dinner table favorite, and it comes together quickly with pantry ingredients. Kids love it too!
Saffron and caraway seeds are optional which can be added to give this rice preparation a rich aroma, taste and veggies, soya chunks give it a wonderful range of textures.
I would suggest to use Basmati rice for great rice meal. A raita like my cucumber raita goes best with this pulao. Serve with poppadum on the side for a delightful meal.
The soya has fully cooked and fluffy
The rice is cooked so well
Look at the grains, so beautiful
Soya /Nutrela Pulao
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 4-5 whole black pepper
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- 1 carrot medium chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- 1/2 cup soya/ Nutrela mini chunks, washed and soaked in water
- 1 tbsp fried cashewnuts-optional
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander, mint chopped
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a broad pan and sauté carrots and green peas for 2 minutes on a high flame.
- Add soaked nutrela chunks and again sauté for a minute.
- Take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in the same pan, add the cloves, star anise, cinnamon, black and green cardamoms, cumin seeds, green chillies and bayleaf and
- add the chilli powder, and sautéed vegetables and nutrela soya chunks and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, saffron-milk mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- If using pressure cooker, give 2 whistle
- Garnish with chopped coriander, mint and serve hot and aromatic pulao immediately with any raita or curry.
- Use Saffron , cashew nuts if you want to make sahi pulao.