Vegetarian cheesy gloriousness for the whole family!
I love risotto and every time I make it I pretty much make it up as it’s ever so simple and versatile! The other week I made this rather basic one with cheese, and I need to share this extra easy recipe with you all. The cheese you use makes all the difference, honestly, so make sure to choose one carefully! It has to have a strong flavour, such as taleggio, or it won't taste of much.
I served it with some green veg on the side to make it a complete meal.
- 320 g (2 cups) risotto rice
- 150 g (5.29oz) super strong-flavoured cheese, cubed
- 1 glass white wine
- About 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt some butter in a big pan and cook the onion on a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the rice to the pan and mix it, so it gets toasted for a minute or two, then add the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Start adding the vegetable broth by the ladleful, waiting for it to be absorbed before adding the next one until the rice is cooked “al dente”, meaning that it’s still a bit firm and not super soft.
- Then add the cubed cheese and mix well until it melts in, before covering with a lid and leaving to stand for 5 minutes. Taste to make sure you are happy with the seasoning and adjust as necessary. Serve hot with some black pepper on top.
- I really like it on its own cheesy gloriousness, but if you prefer you can also sauté some chopped mushrooms in a pan with some garlic and add them on top when serving for an extra kick of flavour!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published July 31st, 2021 2:18 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!