Baked pasta in a creamy ricotta spinach sauce and topped with broiled parmesan cheese - Can you say YUM? I used gluten free penne but you can use regular pasta of any shape. My favorite thing about baked pasta is the crunchy pasta and browned cheese on top.
This is such a comfort meal and I definitely recommend giving it a go! You could add tomato sauce if you're more of a rose sauce fan, but this one did the trick for me. I strangely enjoyed it cold the next day too!
For more yummy recipes, head on over to my Instagram @tikofoods.
- 2 cups dried pasta (salt & water for boiling)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cream or dairy free alternative
- parmesan to top
- parsley to garnish, dried or fresh
- chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat water in a large pot and add a generous amount of salt to the water
- Add the pasta once the water is boiling, and cook as per labelled instructions
- While pasta cooks, combine the spinach, ricotta, egg, cream, salt, and pepper in a bowl
- Once the pasta is cooked, mix it with the ricotta mixture and place in an oven safe dish
- Cook for 20 - 30 minutes then top with parmesan cheese
- Broil on high until the cheese browns
- Garnish with parsley and chili flakes