The best beef cheeseburger casserole recipe with a rich tomato sauce and creamy cheese!
I bet you have tried the one-pot cheeseburger casserole dish. It tastes delicious and can feed a crowd. Plus, you can prepare it for your next house party. If you have prepared this dish in a large batch, the leftovers can keep you happy for days.
There are plenty of cheeseburger casserole recipes online, but mine is different. It is easy to prepare, and the ingredients are limited, which makes the recipe less confusing.
Do you know a secret? This cheeseburger casserole dish is a family recipe that my grandmother taught my mother, and she taught me. So, when you prepare this dish, you can experience a perfect balance of taste and tradition.
I like preparing this cheeseburger casserole once a month because I can never get enough of its flavors. To give this recipe a bit of a modern twist, I added a few ingredients that truly enhanced the overall flavors.
Even if you don’t like cooking, you will like this cheeseburger casserole because it gets prepared in less than an hour. Scroll down to check the recipe.
Delicious Cheeseburger Casserole
I have always eaten cheeseburger casserole at my friend’s or relative’s place. So when my mother saw how much I liked this dish, she started making it. And I totally loved my mom’s version.
This beef cheeseburger casserole uses tomato ketchup, tomato sauce, beef, cheddar cheese, and uncorked pasta, which gives a wonderful taste.
Whenever I have an upcoming party, I prepare this dish in large batches and store it in the fridge. Surprisingly, reheating this dish doesn’t bring down its cheesy and beefy flavor.
The big warm, comforting hugs of tomato sauce, beef, and cheese within the pasta always make me a fan.
But if you are on a low-carb, keto diet, you might want to avoid preparing this dish because it’s loaded with cheese and pasta. You can add a few more ingredients if you want to bring that extra punch of flavors.
Scroll down to get into the recipe.
Steps to Make Delicious Cheeseburger Casserole
Below are the steps to make the delicious cheeseburger casserole.
To start the preparation of the cheeseburger casserole recipe, you need an onion. First, peel it and wash it under running water. Next, dice the onion roughly and keep it aside in a bowl.
This step requires you to cook beef. So, take a pan and heat a few drops of olive oil. Once the oil gets warm, you can add diced onion and stir for some time. Then add ground beef and cook it for a while
After a few minutes, you can add salt and pepper to the beef. Following this, you can add tomato sauce and ketchup. Mix everything together until properly combined.
After combining the beef and tomato sauce, you need to add uncooked pasta to the dish. Then, pour in some water and let it cook for some time.
Once everything is combined, you need to transfer the dish into a casserole. So, take a casserole pan and properly grease it. Put the cooked beef and pasta in it. Top this delicious cheeseburger casserole with lots of cheddar cheese.
Let the dish bake for around 25 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.
- If you want to make a cheeseburger casserole a complete dish, don’t forget to add 1-2 cups of uncooked rice cauliflower. Add the riced cauliflower while cooking beef and onion, so get the right flavors.
- You can make your cheeseburger casserole more healthy and delicious by adding veggies. You can add raw baby spinach, corn, or any other veggie of your choice.
- If you don’t like beef, you can substitute it with ground chicken thighs or turkey thighs. Surely the taste will not be the same, but your cheeseburger casserole will be fantastic.
- You can add crumbled bacon to the top of this dish for extra flavors.
How to Serve Cheeseburger Casserole?
You can enjoy a delicious bowl of cheeseburger casserole with steamed green beans or roasted asparagus. The green salad also makes a perfect combination.
How to Store Leftovers?
If you have prepared a cheeseburger casserole in large batches, the leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then, transfer the dish to an airtight container so the moisture doesn’t get inside while it’s in the fridge.
How To Reheat The Cheeseburger Casserole?
To reheat the leftover cheeseburger casserole, you must transfer the dish to a casserole from an airtight container. Cover and reheat the dish for some time. Serve hot and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and cook the diced onion.
- Stir in the ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the ketchup and tomato sauce and mix until combined.
- Pour in the water and uncooked pasta.
- Stir until combined and transfer the mixture to a greased casserole pan.
- Top with grated cheese and bake for about 25 minutes in a heated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.
I enjoyed learning about Cheeseburger Casserole! However, the article itself is poorly written and edited. I hope greater attention is given to these important elements going forward.