If you want to elevate your weeknight diner game make Salmon Piccata. A twist on a classic chicken Piccata dish which comes on repeat on our table. How important is for you the quality of salmon? For me it is particularly important what I put on the table for my family. I enjoy cooking, while leading a healthy lifestyle and making the right choices. For this dish I have used fresh salmon from @bluehousesalmon, a company that raises salmon onshore, away from harming our ocean and marine environments. Three words for this product, Delicious, Heart Healthy and Ocean Safe.
Pan seared buttery salmon fillets with a golden-brown crust and creamy lemon sauce with capers is such a delicious combination, and the perfect healthy and cozy weeknight dinner for your family. What is more important is that you will feel good about what you bring on the table by making sustainable healthy choices for your family and the planet we all share.
- 4 Salmon fillet
- 3 tbsp of capers drained
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- Olive oil Butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by seasoning the fillets with salt and black pepper. Drench the fillets on flour.
- Preheat the pan and add olive oil and butter.
- Transfer gently the fillets into the pan and fry them on both sides about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the pan.
- On the same pan add minced garlic and deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add caper and heavy cream and let the sauce reduce. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add lemon juice and fresh dill. Bring back salmon in the pan.
- Let it simmer together with the sauce for a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh slices of lemon and more fresh dill. Enjoy!