Honey Mustard Salmon
If you never want to miss a recipe, make sure you subscribe to my FREE newsletter! It's a monthly newsletter filled with links to detailed recipes, tips, tricks, and more! Click Here to Subscribe!
Here's a new way you can eat salmon. This Honey Mustard Salmon is easy, it’s healthy, and it’s super delicious. And the best part, this dish will be on your table in less than 30 minutes… and no i’m not exaggerating! It only takes 5 minutes to make the honey mustard sauce, and about 15 minutes to cook the salmon!
Making honey mustard by scratch is so easy, and so much healthier. You can control the ingredients and add as much or as little honey as you'd like. You don't have to worry about buying jarred honey mustard with excess amounts of added sugar.
Place the sliced lemon on the bottom of a baking sheet. Then transfer the salmon filets directly on top of the lemon slices and season with salt and pepper.
Evenly spread the honey mustard over the salmon filets, and bake at 400º until desired temperature is reached.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon and parsley for garnish.
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 1 pound salmon filets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp garlic aioli Dijon mustard (see notes)
- 2 tbsp honey, plus more as needed
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400º
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustards, honey, lemon juice, sherry, and a pinch of salt. Taste, and adjust honey, sherry, and salt as needed.
- Add the sliced lemon to the bottom of a baking sheet. Pat the salmon completely dry and transfer to a baking sheet on top of the lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then spread on 1/2 to 3/4 the honey mustard sauce. Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and spoon on the rest of the honey mustard sauce. Then transfer back to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- The Garlic Aioli Dijon Mustard is a mustard sold at Trader Joe's. However, if you can't find this mustard, you can use 3 tbsp of Creamy Dijon Mustard, and grate one garlic clove into the sauce.