Have you ever had a shrimp burger before? If not, here is your chance to make the best ones! Enjoy the change from your usual beef, turkey, or veggie burgers by creating these juicy and flavorful shrimp patties. The texture and flavor is so unique and so delish.
For this recipe all you need to do is put everything in a food processor, then cook it on a pan. SO easy and delicious! Shrimp cooks extremely quickly, so this dish is super easy to whip up!
This low carb and high protein dish is delicious! You can change up the toppings to your preference, or just eat it as a shrimp patty. Seriously it is that good!
For more unique recipes, follow my Instagram @tikofoods
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 scallions
- 2 tbsp homemade or store bought lemon-garlic aoili
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tomato
For the Aioli
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayo
For the Toppings
- head of lettuce for the shells/'buns'
- red cabbage
- red onion
For the Aoili
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and reserve 2 tbsp for the shrimp patties, then set aside to use as a topping
For the Shrimp Patties
- Heat oil in a pan
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender
- Shape the patties then add to the hot pan
- Fry the patties for 2 minutes per side, until cooked through and golden brown
- Assemble the shrimp burgers, top with more aioli, and enjoy!
- When shaping the patties, the mixture is very sticky. If you coat your hands/fingers with oil, it makes it much easier to handle and shape them!