Crab Roll Recipe
This delicious and classic Crab Roll Recipe is a perfect lunch to pack as you head out to the beach, or just enjoying a nice afternoon in your backyard!
Have you ever wanted to make your own crab rolls at home, but never given it a try?Follow this recipe and you'll have a sandwich that will make you feel like you're sitting at a picnic table overlooking the ocean. We make this recipe at least once every summer.It's so good!
The ingredients are real easy. Some of which are every day staples, so you'll already have them on hand. Stop by your local grocer and grab what you need for a crab roll feast this weekend!
Serve these sandwiches with your favorite potato chips for a true, classic crab roll. We like kettle cooked chips with ours!
Crab Roll Recipe
- 4 King Crab Legs
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fill a large pan with 1 to 2 inches of water. Bring to boil. Add crab legs. Boil for approximately 5 minutes. Remove crab legs from water. Set aside and let cool.
- Dice green onion and tomato into small pieces. Slice lemon in half. Set aside.
- Add butter to small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 250 degrees F.
- Use hands to break crab legs apart at joints. If you can pull crab meat from shell without breaking further, go ahead. Otherwise, take knife and make one continuous cut down each shell. Pry shell open with fingers and remove crab meat.
- Cut crab meat into various sizes. Place crab meat in medium mixing bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp. melted butter over crab meat. Stir. Add diced green onion, diced tomatoes, mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir. Place in refrigerator.
- Lay 4 slices multi-grain bread on aluminum foil sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp. melted butter on top of slices. Place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until just crispy (rotating sides halfway through). Remove bread from oven.
- Flex bread into shape of hot dog buns. Scoop crab meat mixture onto bread. Plate your crab rolls onto serving dishes and enjoy with some Potato Chips and ice-cold beer.