The only thing better than shakshuka is spicy shakshuka!! I added Sabor Mexicano salsa verde to my usual shakshuka recipe and it added the perfect kick to my morning! You can seriously taste the freshness in Sabor Mexicano's salsas. There are no preservatives -- just whole ingredients. This salsa verde only has hand roasted tomatillos, jalepeno peppers, garlic, cilantro, water, and salt. Fresh and clean ingredients reflect a lot in a dish. It makes the world of a difference. When you choose your salsas, choose wisely! Sabor Mexicano salsas can be found on their website and at some Whole Foods locations as well.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup Sabor Mexicano salsa verde
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- Sauté the onion with the avocado oil on medium high heat.
- Once translucent, add in the diced tomatoes and let the heat soften them.
- Add in the salsa verde.
- Make 2 wells and crack in the eggs.
- Cover and let the eggs cook. The eggs will continue cooking off the heat so if you want a runny yolk, stop cooking them around halfway.