A delicious, comforting lunch or dinner idea...
The perfect layers of pie crust and egg filling
I have never been a big fan of quiche lorraine until I made this recipe. It's so simple and absolutely delicious. You only need a couple of ingredients and you can even use store-bought pie crust to make it even easier!
To make the pie crust all you will need is, all-purpose flour, vegan or regular butter and cold water.
For the filling you will need, bacon or any type of ham, half an onion, parmesan cheese, 3 eggs, any type of milk and finally, cream.
You can use light cream here too.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
For measuring: 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup.
For Pie Crust:
- 1 - 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk - I used the Alpro Soya milk from Good Earth
- 3/4 cups cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by making the pie crust. In a food processor, add the flour and butter and pulse.
- Add the water and pulse further until the dough is combined.
- Add to a bowl and form into a ball.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for an hour.
- Once the dough has been chilled, preheat the oven to 356°F/180°C.
- Roll out the dough and add to the pie dish. You may want to grease the pan if it's not non-stick.
- Blind-bake the pie crust for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the onion and bacon.
- Cook them in a frying pan for a couple of minutes or until browned.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper and mix together until light and fluffy.
- Once the pie crust is ready, add the bacon and onion pieces on top then add the parmesan cheese on top of them.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of them and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into it then enjoy!