Keto Spinach Pie
Keto Spinach Pie is a low carb, a keto-friendly recipe is filled with protein-packed cottage cheese and eggs, and protein-rich eggs!
This quick and easy low carb recipe idea is filled with thawed frozen chopped spinach, eggs, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese.
You can make it in muffin cups, freezing for a quick morning breakfast for later.
Serve it for brunch on the weekends.
- Glass Bowl Set
- Baking Dish
HOW DO I MAKE KETO SPINACH PIE?
You’ll want to thaw out two boxes of frozen chopped spinach. Depending on the brand, they’re 9-10 ounces.
Do yourself a favor and buy the frozen kind. There is no need to purchase fresh spinach and wilt it down…
Thaw the boxes out (this is usually in the microwave for me!) and then use these steps to get the water out of it:
- Place thawed spinach into a clean kitchen towel, do this near your sink!
- Pull the corners of the spinach up
- Squeeze all the water you can out, over the sink.
Plop the spinach into a large mixing bowl.
Plop one 16 ounce container of cottage cheese into the bowl.
Grate 2 cups of cheddar cheese into the bowl.
Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and whisk until combined.
Pour these into the big bowl and begin stirring everything together.
Grind some black pepper into the mix and sprinkle in some salt.
Bake at 375˚ for about 30 minute
Depending on your family, you can adjust the recipe. My older brother begs for more cheese. I beg for more spinach. I don’t like eggs — so, I use as few as possible!
Other keto spinach pie makers have substituted cottage cheese for cream cheese, added mushrooms or onions into it. Others have added all kinds of veggies to use up with they have in their fridge! Some people have used 12 eggs so the recipes will bake in a 9×13 baking dish, and you can serve twice as many.
Keto Spinach Pie
- 2 boxes frozen, chopped spinach
- 1, 16 ounce container of cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Squeeze water from thawed chopped spinach.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs, and salt & pepper.
- Pour into an oil sprayed baking dish (8×8 works well!) and bake 30 minutes at 375˚, or until set in the center and golden brown on top.