Asparagus Sausage Quiche
Asparagus Sausage Quiche is full of asparagus, sausage and cheese. The texture of this quiche is silky, creamy and surprisingly quick and easy to make.
I love to swap up the ingredients in this quiche. Some great options you can use to change the flavor, without changing the creamy texture, are:
- Colby Jack, Goat, or Feta cheese
- Crab Meat
- Red Bell Pepper
There are no hard and fast rules when making quiche. Use ingredients that you have on hand and that appeal to your family.
Keep It Low Carb
Asparagus Sausage Quiche can be made as a crustless quiche too. Follow the directions below, except use a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking dish in place of the pie crust. Depending on the depth of your dish, the cook time may vary.
When should you serve quiche?
I bet when you think of quiche, you think brunch, baby shower or wedding shower! I agree. It’s great for all those occasions, but it makes me think dinner too!
We have quiche at least two times a month. It’s easy to make and a simple green salad is all you need for a side. Plus, the leftovers are great for a hearty next day lunch.
One of the reasons I love quiche is because it rewarms so well. I never make one quiche. I always make two! Cut the left over quiche into single servings and store in an airtight container.
Place them in the freezer or fridge. You will love having the perfect single serving healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner on hand.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Sausage Gravy
- Avocado Toast with Balsamic Glaze
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
How To Make Asparagus Sausage Quiche
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In medium bowl, mix half-and-half, eggs, salt and pepper; set aside.
Poke prepared pie crust with a fork several times and bake for 5 minutes.
In prepared pie crust, layer cooked sausage, vegetables and cheese.
Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients.
Place quiche onto a cookie sheet on top of a piece of aluminum foil. This makes it so much easier to get in and out of the oven.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges.
Asparagus Sausage Quiche Recipe
Asparagus Sausage Quiche
- 1/2 pound Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 c Asparagus
- 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 c Diced Onion
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1/2 c Half and Half
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, mix half-and-half, eggs, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In prepared pie crust, layer cooked sausage, vegetables and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges.
- As long as you are making quiche, make two! Store the leftover quiche in individual air tight containers. You’ll have the perfect single serving for the upcoming week!
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!