Easy Deviled Eggs
These classic Deviled Eggs are quick to make and delicious. They are a healthy snack food and are perfect for an after school treat for the kids.
If you're headed to a potluck, make these and you're pretty much guaranteed to bring home an empty plate!
Best of all, you probably already have the ingredients you need in your kitchen cupboards right now!
Which makes these Deviled eggs the perfect choice when you need to come up with a last minute appetizer.
Change up the spices and add a few herbs to completely change the taste if you like - the combinations are endless when it comes to flavoring these eggs.
Deliciously creamy, these deviled eggs have a dusting of paprika.
Slice hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Add yolks to the mayonnaise mixture and mix until creamy.
Spoon the mixture into a piping bag, then pipe filling into each of the egg white halves.
Be sure to store these in the fridge until serving. Eat them within two days (if they last that long).
These Deviled Eggs fit perfectly with our 2 week "tight budget" meal recipes!
Easy Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp light Mayonnaise
- 3 tsp sweet relish
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- In a large pot, cover 6 eggs with water. Bring water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low/simmer and allow to cook for 7 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, add light mayo, mustard, relish and salt together. Set aside.
- When eggs are ready remove from heat and allow to sit for another 2 minutes in the covered pot.
- While you're waiting for the extra 2 minutes, put ice and water in a large bowl.
- When the eggs are ready, place them in the ice water bath. Leave for 2 minutes.
- Gently peel the eggs and slice lengthwise down the center of the egg.
- Remove egg yolks and place them into the bowl with mayo, mustard, relish, and salt.
- Using a mixer, mix the ingredients until well combined and smooth in texture.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites or place the mixture into a piping bag with a decorative icing tip.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.