The Best Guacamole Recipe
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This is the Best Guacamole Recipe! It is hands-down delicious. Serve with tortilla chips or scoop atop your favorite Mexican dish.
Find this recipe and more on my blog HERE: https://sugarylogic.com/the-best-guacamole-recipe/
I'm just an avocado lover here to share a delicious guacamole recipe with you. Peak avocado season in California is spring to summer. Seeing how it is almost September, I had to get in my fill while prices are low and avocados are plentiful.
Everyone I know enjoys good guacamole. I would like to think I nailed this recipe. Its texture is the perfect balance between smooth and chunky. Dare I say it, this may be the best guacamole recipe. But, I will let you be the judge.
- Avocados: Obviously, the main component of guacamole is avocado. This recipe calls for three ripened avocados. It is pertinent that they are ripe so that they can be mashed and softened. See below for tips.
- Onion and Garlic: While you can certainly use the onion of your choice, this recipe calls for white onion. In addition, I love garlic so I wanted to add that here as well. This guacamole recipe calls for one clove, minced.
- Lime Juice: Lime juice is key to preventing browning in guacamole. Not only that but the lime flavor pairs beautifully with avocado.
- Cilantro: The herb that you either love or hate. Personally, I love it! Cilantro is essential in guacamole, but if you really don't like it you can lessen the amount in this recipe or omit it altogether.
- Tomato: While some recipes that I've seen omit the tomato, I think it's essential. It accompanies the acid in the lime juice while adding a lovely color and texture.
- Seasonings: While salt is a given, this recipe also calls for ground cumin. Another seasoning that I love, cumin adds a really lovely flavor here.
How do you know your avocado is ready?
While the exterior color of the avocado is the first sign of ripening, it does not necessarily mean the avocado is ready. Gently squeeze the avocado. While it should still have some firmness, if it gives way to the subtle pressure, it's ready. The website for California Avocados has some really helpful information regarding this and other helpful avocado tips.
- Mash the Avocados: In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with lime juice and salt. To achieve the texture as pictured, mash with a fork until softened but large chunks remain.
- Add the Vegetables and Seasonings: Add the onion, tomato, cilantro, and garlic. Mix until well combined. Stir in the cumin, mixing until well incorporated.
- Serve or Store: Serve right away or store in the refrigerator until needed. If not serving right away, save an avocado pit to place in the bowl of guacamole. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to help prevent any browning.
Other Recipes You'll Love
While all classic guacamole recipes are quite similar, I hope you enjoy this one. It's everything you think guacamole should be in flavor and texture. Enjoy with tortilla chips or atop your favorite Mexican dish. This guacamole recipe is the best and it's sure to satisfy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a star rating and review on my website!
The Best Guacamole Recipe
- 3 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 large roma tomato finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice and salt. To achieve the texture as pictured, mash with a fork until softened but large chunks remain.
- Add the onion, tomato, cilantro, and garlic. Mix until well combined. Stir in the cumin, mixing until well incorporated.
- Serve right away or store in the refrigerator until needed. If not serving right away, save an avocado pit to place in the bowl of guacamole. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to help prevent any browning.