1 1/2 / cups
Mushroom pate is a healthy, lighter vegan option of a traditional pate that is typically made with liver.
Hearty mushrooms take the place of meat and are combined with herbs which give this mushroom pate recipe an incredible umami flavor. It's the perfect appetizer for your next cocktail party, book club or any celebration.
Serve mushroom pate as a dip with a side of crusty bread, on toasted bread, as a sandwich spread, baked in puffed pastry.
Add it to pasta, stuff it into a boneless chicken breast and bake it or serve your pate as a companion to a vegetable or traditional charcuterie board
Serve mushroom pate with plain crackers
Mushroom Pate ingredients
Mushroom pate is vegan and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or white wine
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Prepare the ingredients: mince the shallots, chop the garlic and slice the mushrooms, chop the herbs
- Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms, garlic and shallots
- cook the vegetables stirring frequently until they begin to turn brown
- add the sage, rosemary, and sherry and cook until the liquid evaporates and remove from heat
- place the cashews and nutritional yeast in a food processor and pulse them until they become crumbly
- add the mushroom mixture to the food processor and process until finely chopped - about 30 seconds. For a smoother textured pate, add a little bit of water and blend to desired consistency
- Adjust the flavor by adding a pinch of salt and pepper
- Ingredients Substitutions
- Substitute shallots with an equal amount of diced onions.
- Substitute fresh garlic for ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Replace fresh Rosemary with ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary.
- Replace fresh sage with 2 teaspoons dried sage.
- Substitute an equal amount of walnuts with cashews.
- Replace sherry with an equal amount of white wine.
- Recipe Variations
- Brandy Mushroom Pate - Add 3 tablespoons of brandy instead of sherry and let it cook into the mushrooms before blending.
- Nut-Free Pate - Replace the nuts with an equal amout of pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
- Spicy Mushroom Pate - Add a half teaspoon of hot sauce or a few shakes of hot pepper flakes to the pa
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published December 31st, 2021 2:48 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!