The barfi recipe is very common in my house and I often make it with various ingredients. I make it often during festivals so that I can share it with my friends and family. Moreover, my daughter like this barfi a lot and she takes it as an energy bar especially after playing hours. As the combination of dry fruits gives you the required energy and protein to satisfy your hunger and sweet cravings having said that, I use this barfi to make dryfruits milkshake as well. Just I blend it with chilled milk for a delicious sweet drink.
The fact I like about Dryfruits barfi is that it's completely sugarless as the dates play the role source of sweetness in this barfi. This recipe does not have any extra added sugar, Jaggery or any sweetner. It is an ideal sweet recipe for any occasion or celebration.
The best time of making this sweet is in winters, as dates and dry fruits keep the body warm. The rest of the time we should consume it in moderation as it can create heat in the body.
Let's check out the Ingredients to make this Dryfruits Barfi recipe and please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 1 cup seedless dates
- 1 tbsp Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup Almonds(chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cashew(chopped)
- 3 tbsp pistachios(chopped)
- 2 tbsp apricot(chopped)
- 2 tbsp black raisins
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Firstly, in a pan heat 1 tsp ghee. add almonds, cashew, and pistachios. Roast on low flame until the nuts turn crunchy. keep aside.
- In a mixer grinder take 1 cup dates. pulse and grind to a smooth paste.
- In a large kadai heat 1 tsp ghee, add apricot, raisins and roast on low flame until they turn aromatic.
- Add in ground dates paste and cook on medium flame.
- Cook until the dates mixture turn glossy.
- Further add roasted nuts, cardamom powder, and mix well.
- Combine until everything is well combined and starts to hold shape.
- Cool slightly, and shape into a cylindrical log and roll over poppy seeds and pistachio powder.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Finally, cut into thick slices and enjoy.
- You can store them in an airtight container and enjoy dry fruit burfi for a month
- You can add other dry fruits like walnut, chiroli as well. But this is the basic recipe which remains the same, just adjust the proportion accordingly.
- Dry roast nuts on low flame for more crunchy bites.
- Increase the proportion of dates if you like it sweeter.
- Dry fruit barfi can be rolled in desiccated coconut as well.
- This sweet has a good shelf life. You can keep it without a fridge as well for 2 week.