Hearty Breakfast Nachos
Ever get home from a long day and you’re hungry but don’t feel like cooking? These Hearty Breakfast Nachos will be your new favorite go-to dish because they are super easy to make and really satisfying. They come together in about 30 minutes and can even be prepared ahead of time for an easy weeknight meal the kids will surely love. This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc., but all opinions are that of my own.
Now that the New Year is in full swing, I am starting to lean towards easy, and convenient meals that my kids will actually want to eat. I am sick of having dinner time wars with my children so for 2022 I am committed to making meals that they will love and want to eat–meals we can all agree on. These Hearty Breakfast nachos are just that kind of meal. I love the low-fat proteins I’ve added to these, and the fact that they really don’t need heavy sauces that my kids would snub.
Plus, I can prepare all the toppings earlier in the day and just sprinkle them on top for a super quick meal! Sometimes us parents just don’t feel like doing much in the kitchen and that is okay!
Jimmy Dean Delights® Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese English Muffin are also low in fat/calories, yummy, and quick breakfast or dinner in a pinch! You can find them at Shaw’s Supermarket in the frozen breakfast section.
These breakfast nachos are so hearty because they contain low-fat meats. While you might not think to add chicken or turkey to your breakfast nachos, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips & Hillshire Farm Oven Roasted Turkey are delicious options. These proteins are both low in fat and help make our breakfast for dinner meal more nutritious and crave-worthy.
I love 100% white meat Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips which are available in the freezer section of stores like Shaw’s Supermarkets. They are so convenient and can be cooked in the microwave in under 5 minutes, or in a skillet.
Hillshire Farms Oven Roasted Turkey is low-fat and cut to be ultra-thin. This turkey meat contains no artificial flavors or nitrates, or nitrates except those that occur in the celery juice powder and sea salt. You can also find this in the refrigerated deli section at Shaw’s Supermarket.
How to Make these Breakfast Nachos
Prepare all the vegetables/ingredients for this dish. They can be diced/chopped/minced ahead of time and stored in containers for easy access.
In a nonstick skillet, over low heat, scrambled eggs; set aside.
Line baking sheets with a layer of nachos.
Add an even amount of cheese to each.
Sprinkle on chicken, turkey, and bacon.
Add eggs to the top of the nachos.
Add tomato, jalapeno, and onion.
Place pans in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Carefully remove the pans from the oven, and garnish with cilantro & your choice of garnishes.
These nachos are delicious alone, but can be tailored with lower calorie toppings, different meats, and cheeses-let’s explore!
Cheese – Use low-fat cheddar, Swiss, Jalapeno Jack, nacho cheese sauce, or even mozzarella.
Meats – Use Jimmy Dean Sausage, Hillshire Farm Honey Ham, or turkey bacon.
Vegetables – Use mushrooms, white onion, bell peppers, avocado slices, salsa, or pico de gallo.
Garnish – Fresh minced parsley, guacamole, sour cream, non-fat Greek yogurt.
Chips – Colorful tortillas, homemade tortillas, bagel chips, or precooked tater tots for “totchos”.
These nachos will fly off the baking sheet. But if you do have leftovers, they will refrigerate for up to 24 hours. The chips will get soggy so consider reheating them on a baking sheet in the oven until warmed. Please note, the chips will be a bit chewy.
Inspired by this meal? Here are some other nachos we love!
Hearty Breakfast Nachos
- 20 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 large eggs scrambled
- 6 strips bacon cooked until crisp
- 8 ounces colby jack cheese freshly grated
- 2 small jalapenos seeded, and sliced *use gloves!
- 1 small red onion peeled, and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded, and diced
- 6 ounces Hillshire Farm Oven Roasted Turkey sliced
- 8 ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips cubed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- Prepare all the vegetables/ingredients for this dish. They can be diced/chopped/minced ahead of time and stored in containers for easy access.
- In a nonstick skillet, over low heat, scrambled eggs; set aside.
- Line baking sheets with a layer of nachos.
- Add an even amount of cheese to each.
- Sprinkle on chicken, turkey, and bacon.
- Add eggs to the top of the nachos.
- Add tomato, jalapeno, and onion.
- Place pans in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pans from the oven, and garnish with cilantro & your choice of garnishes.
- Nutritional values may vary and are meant to be a guide.