I have been searching for the perfect sugar cookie for a long time and this is it! These sugar cookies are so soft and chewy. This recipe doesn't take that long to make, and only makes 10 cookies. I don't know about you but I love a small quantity cookie recipe. Making cookies is supposed to be fun. I can't have "the time of my life" if I have to make 3 dozen cookies and I'm only craving a couple. However everyone isn't like me. So this recipe can be easily doubled to make more cookies. The dough can also be stretched to make 12 slightly smaller cookies instead of 10. This is my go to sugar cookie recipe & I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter softened 113 g
- 2/3 c Sugar 150 g
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 2 g
- 1/2 tsp Salt 2 g
- 1 tsp Baking Soda 5 g
- 1-1/4 c Allpurpose Flour 196 g
- Extra sugar to roll the cookies in
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- With your hand mixer cream your softened butter and sugar together until its well mixed and slightly fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla extract. Then blend until fully incorporated.
- Add in your salt, baking soda, and allpurpose flour. Then mix together until all of the flour is incorporated. Be careful not to over mix the dough.
- Portion the dough into 10 cookies.
- Roll each ball in sugar. Then roll the ball lightly in your hands to get off the excess sugar.
- Chill the portioned cookies in the freezer for 20 minutes. The cookies should just be cold and not frozen. If your freezer is extra cold only chill for 10 minutes.
- Space the chilled cookies out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also use pan spray if you don't have parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool and enjoy!
- This recipe can be easily doubled to make more cookies.
- The dough can also be stretched to make 12 slightly smaller cookies instead of 10.