One of my all time favourite cookie flavours - SNICKERDOODLE! These cookies are super delicious, and melt in your mouth with every bite.
A lot of snickerdoodle recipes include one ingredient, that I NEVER seem to have in my pantry... cream of tartar. If you are in the same boat as me, you're in luck today! This recipe doesn't include any cream of tartar, and all the ingredients are very simple!
My favourite part of making snickerdoodles is totally rolling them in the cinnamon sugar mixture!
These cookies pair great with a glass of milk, or even a bowl of ice cream!
For the dough
- 3/4 cup of softened salted butter
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
Cinnamon sugar mixture
- 3/4 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- Heat your oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter & sugar. Then incorporate the vanilla and egg to the mixture.
- To the bowl, add your flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- If your dough is still very sticky, add a little more flour.
- Once the dough is ready, roll into around 16 balls.
- In a separate bowl combine the cinnamon sugar mixture, and one by one roll each ball to fully coat.
- Place the cinnamon sugar coated dough balls on a baking sheet, and slightly flatten the cookies.
- Place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!
- The cookies don't flatten too much on their own in the oven, so I like to push the tops down slightly before baking.