Homemade Cookies are the best ever snack to munch in! These buttery deliciousness are made by my Mom for our recent travel. And trust me these Almond Cookies were out of this World, it was so yummy! So, I planned a surprise birthday celebration for my daughter's which was outside the city. We stayed in a lake on a houseboat and celebrated her birthday. So when my Mom came to know that we are traveling, she baked these delicious crunchy almond cookies and sent it for us to munch in during our travel. And as I always says these cookies are life savers during any trips.
Especially HOMEMADE COOKIES!!!!
These buttery goodness are the perfect bake for any occasions which come together in just 30 minutes using basic ingredients. These melt-in-mouth cookies which are crunchy and full of flavour can be served as a snack or dessert.
Topping the cookies with almond slices makes them more flavourful and also add crunch. These cookies are great options for gifting during any festivals or special occasions. In fact, these almond cookies are so addictive, you will be munching on these all day.
Let's check out the Ingredients & step by step recipe of Almond Cookies. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Almonds (Thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- A pinch of Salt
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk butter and sugar untill light and fluffy.
- Add yogurt, almond extract and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in thinly sliced almonds.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp dough and make a ball using your hand & gently press the ball with your palms.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking tray at a distance of 1 inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Transfer the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for upto a week.
- Make sure to measure your flour correctly or your cookies will be dry and crumbly.
- I have used sugar as per my taste bud if you want sweeterthen add 1/2 cup sugar.
- If want to make these cookies with eggs then add 2 eggs nstead of yogurt.
- For best result, soften the butter at room temperature.
- If you are using salted butter, do not add extra salt.
- You can use either cardamom powder or vanilla essence as per your choice.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for about a week at room temperature.